Track Rules and Regulations
2013 Rule Book
Crazy Compact Rules
1. Only three (3) or four (4) cylinder in-line engines will be permitted.
2. Engine and all engine components must remain unaltered and OEM for the year, make and model of the car being used in competition.
3. All valve-train components must remain unaltered and OEM including but not limited to; crankshaft, connecting rods, valves, valve sizes and the bore and stroke.
4. Aftermarket and/or racing-type cylinder heads will not be permitted.
5. High performance and/or sports car engines of any type will not be permitted.
6. Turbo charged and/or super charged and/or rotary engines and/or engines utilizing a variable cam-timing system will not be permitted.
Electronics and Ignition System
1. All ignition components must be unaltered, OEM and match the year, make and model of the car in competition. Only 12 volt ignition systems will be permitted
2. Ignition boxes and/or performance chips and/or any ignition enhancing devices will not be permitted.
3. Traction control of any-type will not be permitted.
4. Only one twelve (12) volt battery, securely mounted with both terminals covered will be permitted. If battery is moved from OEM location, the battery must be mounted in a Marine-type case.
5. Only stock OEM starters in the OEM location will be permitted.
6. Only one aftermarket tachometer, oil pressure and water temperature gauge(s) will be permitted.
7. The vehicle computer (ECU) must be mounted in a visible location providing ease of inspection.
8. An electrical engine shut off switch is required. The switch must be clearly labeled and within the reach of the driver.
1. The exhaust manifold must remain unaltered and OEM for the year, make and model of the car in competition.
2. Removal of the catalytic converter, air conditioning compressor and smog pump will be permitted.
3. Mufflers are required.
1. The engine and radiator must be OEM and mounted in the stock OEM location for the year, make and model of the car in competition.
2. Solid engine mounts and/or safety chains will be permitted.
3. Accumulators and/or accu sumps will not be permitted.
Reinforcing will not be permitted with the exception of the front strut bar.
Transmission & Driveline
1. The transmission and/or transaxle must remain OEM and unaltered for the year, make and model of the car in competition.
2. All forward and reverse gears must be operational.
3. The flywheel, flexplate, clutch and/or torque converter and/or assembly must remain unaltered and OEM of the year, make and model of the car in competition.
4. Mini-type clutches and/or couplers will not be permitted.
5. Transmission coolers in the driver compartment will not be permitted.
6. Torque dividing final drive systems will not be permitted.
7. Locked differentials of any type will not be permitted.
8. A minimum one (1) inch inspection hole must be located in the bell housing.
9. All Axle shafts must be painted white
1. All chassis and frames must remain unaltered and OEM. Any front wheel drive, compact car frame will be permitted.
2. A maximum wheelbase of 107-inches will be permitted.
3. The magnetic steel floor pan must remain unaltered and OEM. Any work that is done in the form of patches must be completed with magnetic steel.
1. Unless otherwise noted all tubing utilized in the construction of the roll cage must be 1.50-inch Outside Diameter, .095-inch thick magnetic steel tubing.
2. A six-point, full perimeter, using 1.50-inch Outside Diameter, .095-inch thick magnetic steel tubing is required.
3. The rear hoop must have bracing that crosses in an ‘X’ configuration. Rear kick up supports are required.
4. A minimum 1.25-inch outside diameter cross bar is required across the top of the halo bar.
5. The roll cage must be securely fastened (welding is required) utilizing a minimum of .250-inch plating to mount cage to the frame. Only magnetic steel will be permitted. Iron, galvanized pipe, fittings, square tubing, brazing and/or soldering will not be permitted.
6. A minimum of three (3) door bars on the driver side and two (2) door bars on the passenger side, mounted in a horizontal manner will be required. Vertical bracing from the top-to-the-bottom of the door bars on both sides is required.
7. A minimum of three (3) windshield bars and protective screen will be required in front of the driver.
8. The driver compartment must be sealed completely from the track, the engine and the fuel cell. The front and rear firewalls must remain and any holes must be patched with magnetic steel.
9. Mirrors will not be permitted.
10. Gutting of the car will not be permitted with the exception of clearance for the roll and door bars.
11. All material considered flammable including airbags must be removed.
12. The interior must remain open.
Additional weight of any type will not be permitted. Any item(s) that are deemed to provide additional weight must be removed
Fuel Cells and Fuel
1. The fuel system must be complete, unaltered and OEM for the year, make and model of the car in competition.
2. Only standard pump gasoline will be permitted for competition. A maximum of 93 octane. Performance additives will not be permitted.
3. The gas tank/fuel cell may be mounted ahead of the rear axle with a minimum 1/8-inch shield mounted under it.
4. If the gas tank/fuel cell is mounted behind the rear axle the gas tank/fuel cell must be replaced with a maximum eight (8) gallon fuel cell relocated to the trunk area of the car. The cell must be solidly mounted to frame and have two (2) solid magnetic steel straps around the entire cell two (2) inches wide and .125-inch thick. A magnetic steel or fuel cell cover must be between the driver and the fuel cell.
5. A fuel cell vent, including cap vent, must have a check valve. If the fuel cell does not have an aircraft-type positive seal filler neck, then a flapper, spring and/or ball type filler roll-over valve is mandatory.
6. External electric fuel pump wired to the ignition switch with aftermarket fuel cell will be permitted.
7. All cars must be equipped with an fuel pump safety oil pressure switch.
8. Cool cans will not be permitted.
9. Fuel lines that pass through the driver compartment must be magnetic steel.
1. Any front wheel drive, compact car will be permitted for competition. Including Station wagons, trucks, and/or two seat cars. convertibles will not be permitted.
2. The body must remain unaltered and OEM in appearance.
3. The inner fenders must remain unaltered and OEM. Removing of the inner fenders will not be permitted.
4. The hood and trunk lid / hatchback must be positively and securely fastened.
5. All doors must be positively and securely fastened. Must be welded if possible.
6. All glass, exterior lights, chrome and/or plastic trim and hood insulation must be removed.
7. The dashboard may be removed.
8. Front and rear bumpers must be positively and securely fastened. Welded, chained and/or cabled to the frame will be permitted.
9. A front and rear tow hook easily accessible will be required.
10. The OEM bumper covers must remain on the vehicle, but may be altered to allow for tow hook.
11. A maximum seven (7) inch sun visor will be permitted.
12. The opera windows may be closed and/or sealed.
1. All components and mounts must remain unaltered and OEM and must match the year, make and model of car in competition.
2. Weight jacks, modifications, racing components, aftermarket or homemade traction devices will not be permitted.
3. The car must remain in alignment from front-to-rear and must track straight.
4. A maximum of 5 degrees of camber will be permitted on any wheel.
5. Center mounted steering will not be permitted.
6. A quick release, aftermarket steering wheel will be permitted. The steering column must remain OEM and unaltered.
7. Aftermarket remote reservoir power steering will not be permitted.
8. All shocks and struts must remain unaltered and OEM in the OEM location.
Spring rubbers will be permitted.
1. All brake components must be unaltered, OEM, magnetic steel and operative on all four wheels.
2. Disc and/or drum brakes will be permitted and they must match the year, make and model of the vehicle in competition.
3. Only OEM Master Cylinders in OEM location will be permitted.
4. Brake shut off and/or valve bias adjuster(s) will not be permitted.
5. Only magnetic steel brake lines will be permitted.
Wheels and Tires
Only OEM DOT 13, 14, 15 or 16-inch passenger tires will be permitted. Racing, mud, and/or snow tires will not be permitted.
1. Alterations of any type including re-caps, softening, chemical alteration, conditioning, siping and/or grooving will not be permitted.
2. All wheels must be OEM steel or aluminum wheels with a maximum width of seven (7) inches and a standard bead.
3. All four (4) tires and wheels must be of the same series, size and offset.
4. All tires must remain inside of the body.
5. Wheel spacers and/or bleeder valves will not be permitted.
6. Wheel reinforcement is strongly recommended.
7. One (1) inch Outside Diameter magnetic steel lug nuts on steel wheels are required.
1. It is the sole responsibility of each competitor for the effectiveness and proper installation, per the manufacturer’s specifications to be adequate for competition at every event. Each competitor is expected to investigate and educate themselves for continuing improvement regarding their own personal safety equipment.
2. Each car should be equipped with an SFI 16.5 or SFI 16.1 approved seat belt restraint system until the date of the belt expiration (usually two years). Seat belts restraint systems shall be installed in accordance with the directions and application of the system supplier or manufacturer.
3. Seat belt webbing that comes into contact with any sharp or unradiused metal edge should be protected from that edge by means of push on grip vinyl trim.. Seat manufacturers supply the seat with trim protecting the webbing from abrasion or cutting under impact conditions and should be used to their specifications.
4. It is the responsibility of the driver, not the Officials or the Promoter to ensure that his/her seat belt restraint system and all components are SFI approved, correctly installed, maintained and properly used.
5. Each driver must wear a fire resistant uniform meeting the SFI 3.2A/5 specification and display a valid SFI 3.2A/5 label.
6. Each driver should also wear fire resistant accessories that effectively cover the remaining parts of the body. Shoes and gloves should meet the SFI 3.3 specification and display a valid SFI.3label.
7. An aluminum seat built specifically for the purpose of competition in auto-racing events will be required
8. High-back Aluminum (stockcar style) seats should be securely mounted to the frame as recommended/required by seat manufacturer and chassis manufacturer.
9. Head rest (behind the head) should include padding. All areas surrounding the head should have padding
10. The seat must be mounted a minimum of 30” (inches) from the center of the rear end, measured at the bottom of the seat.
11. Window nets highly recommended.
12. Driver should wear a full face helmet, with at least a valid SA 2000 or SA 2005 Standard Snell and/or a valid SFI 31.1, SFI 31.2 or SFI 31.1 2000 label.
13. The driver should wear the helmet in accordance with the directions provided by the helmet manufacturer and/or supplier.
14. If a head and neck restraint system is connected it should conform to the manufactures mounting instructions.
15. Head and Neck restraints are strongly recommended.
16. No sharp or protruding edges in or around the cockpit, which would impede the driver’s rapid exit from the car.
17. Windshield screens mandatory. Screens must be securely fastened
Flame retardant seat, roll bar, knee and steering pads or padding are recommended.
1. Raceceivers will be mandatory for all drivers at all times.
2. Any driver without a valid driver’s license must be approved in advance by speedway officials before being allowed to compete.
3. Any driver competing in any other division will not be allowed to compete in the Compact division for the remainder of the season.
4. To preserve the economical nature of the division there will be a claim rule in effect.
5. a. Any driver who finishes on the lead lap of the feature and has competed in at least 50% of the events ran during the season may claim the winning driver’s car for $500 cash plus exchange of the claiming driver’s car. All claims must be made to speedway officials immediately after the feature event. The claim may be made by the driver only and they must have cash in hand. b. The car may be claimed by speedway officials for $1,000. This claim can and will be used to prevent any one car from dominating the division. Any car claimed this way will be auctioned off at a future event. c. The claim does not include any of the following; Seat, seatbelts, any other permanently mounted safety items and/or aftermarket fuel cell and/or electronic fuel pump.d. Any driver refusing to allow his car to be claimed will be disqualified for the night in question and be barred from competition for the next 4 events. e. No driver’s car may be claimed in their first night of competition during a season. f. No claims will be allowed during the last two scheduled points events of a season