35 Raceway Park
2014 Non- Wing Sprint Rules
A) The Cars
1) All cars racing must be a traditional sprint car appearing machine. Cars must be of an upright design with the roll cage of the 4 post/4 point design. No offset motors! The engine must sit directly in front of the driver. The driveline must pass through the cockpit with the driver straddling the driveline.
2) Steel driveline hoops are mandatory.
3) No onboard computers or computer adjustable devices are allowed.
4) No mirrors, no radios, no communication devices of any kind allowed.
5) No bodywork can extend beyond the front torsion tubes. No “wings” of any kind permitted anywhere on the car. Nerf bars cannot extend beyond the tires.
6) Officials reserve the right to make bodywork that does not meet the spirit of sprint car racing, be removed or altered prior to being allowed to compete.
7) Teams are responsible for having legible numbers on BOTH sides of the fuel tank and on the front nose of the car. Please make your numbers easy for scorers and fans to read.
8) Fuel Cell with fuel bladder is required on all cars.
B) The Engines
1) only normally aspirated engines are allowed. No turbochargers, no superchargers, and no forced air induction of any kind is permitted.
2) No big block engines allowed.
3) Only one spark plug per cylinder allowed.
4) Methanol fuel ONLY! No additives of any kind allowed!
5) Absolutely no traction control devices of any kind are permitted. Anything officials feel could be a traction control device is subject to being confiscated and being sent off for testing. Any items would be returned to the car owner. If found to be using traction control, the team owner and driver will be suspended for one year from competition.
6). Mufflers are required see mufflers in general rules section.
C) safety equipment
1) Drivers who choose to participate in events will ultimately be responsible for their own safety equipment. The sprint car level of competition is serious and advanced enough that drivers are aware of the risks and should be well enough prepared to take the necessary safety precautions. The following are minimums for safety equipment with mandatory drivers equipment under safety in general rules section.
2) High back racing seats are required with a min of 4 bolts mounting the seat to the frame.
3) Seat belts should be the 5 point design and we encourage the use of belts that are less than 2 years old.
4) Head and Neck restraints are mandatory, Hans devices are strongly encouraged.
5) The use of a rock screen and roll bar padding are strongly encouraged.
6) All cars are subject to inspection for safety reasons and officials reserve the right to limit any cars participation if there is a safety concern.