Track Rules and Regulations
2013 Rule Book
4 CYLINDER PURE STOCK RULES
1. Eligibility: any rear wheel drive american or import front engine 4 cylinder car max (2400cc) before clean up with .020” (26cc) clean up for the 2400cc engines & .040” (49cc) clean up for all other engine sizes , no trucks
2. Body: and frame must be of the same make, body must be stock appearing and in stock location on the frame. Rub rail on the side of body is allowed it must touch body for the length of the rub rail & be no larger than 1 1/2" od, round or square. Front & rear fender wells may be removed. Hood maybe cut to allow for air cleaner if air cleaner sticks above hood it must have a shield a round front half the height of air cleaner, the height above hood not to exceed 3". All glass, lights, trim and other objects that may come loose must be removed. Drivers side window net & windshield screens or bars are required. The following items are not permitted no rear spoilers, side skirts, you are allowed plastic noses no chopping or channeling, no lighting holes. When repairing bodies must be put back to look as near original as possible, with original material example steel for steel aluminum for aluminum. With approval you may use aluminum to clean up but it must cover the complete steel part and it must be neatly done. Minor interchanging & modifying with tech approval only.
3. Interior: must have front and rear fire walls. Front firewall must be in stock location and original equipment. All holes to the engine compartment must be sealed. A full rear firewall of 20 gauge metal must be between the driver's area and the fuel cell must have a full floor. Floor may be patched as needed. No mirrors or radios. All original seats and upholstery must be removed; must have a securely mounted competition style seat, seat belt and shoulder harness. Use of crotch strap is recommended. Sheet metal work in the driver's area is permitted so long as it is safe & neat. If the exhaust exit thru the fire wall it must exit out the bottom of car, it must be covered with sheet metal & so it can be removed for inspection. Battery mounted in drivers area or trunk must be covered with a plastic battery box & in the bottom of the box there must be 1/4" wood or 1/8" steel with bolts thru it to securely hold box, battery must fit snuggly in box. Battery mounted in stock location must be secure but do not have to be in a plastic battery box.
4. Roll cage: will be a six post design using 1 1/2" od by .095 wall or equivalent and must have a bar on each side from rear frame to rear roll bar post on each side (minimum) of 2" above the driver's head. Roll cage cannot be bolted to the floor pan, it must be welded to frame or sub-frame, driver side must have minimum 3 horizontal bars & 1/8" steel plate mounted to outside of bars from top to bottom so as to protect driver with minimum 2 bars/ on the right side.
5. Fuel: gasoline only. Gas tank must be removed from the original location. Fuel cell is mandatory, must be installed in trunk area & secured with 2 bands in each direction. Bands must be minimum of 1 1/2" wide. No plumber's strap. Fuel lines are to be securely mounted & protected. Fuel-lines running through drivers area must be aero-quip steel braided or equivalent. Fill nozzle cannot go into rear interior.
6. Frames: stock frames must be of the same make as body, with prior tech approval repairs may be made to original frame with like materials or tubing, no full tube frames or aftermarket frames allowed. A front radiator hoop (crash bar) is permitted. Rear frame supports are permitted.
7. Shocks & struts must be original, stock type suspension that matches the type of car being used & be leaf for leaf, coil strut for strut, etc, & be mounted in stock location on stock fixtures. Twist in steel or rubber spacers & adjustable spring shackles are allowed. No racing shocks or double shocks will be permitted. If stock mounts or stock spring pockets are rusted, they maybe repaired but must closely resemble stock and be in the stock position. No racing type spindles or a frames stock (oem) spindles only. No interchanging.
8. Tires: all tires must be 13” dot. Medium hoosier.
9. All wheels: must be steel (no aluminum) racing & spoke type wheels will be permitted. Wheel lug must be a least flush with the top of the lug nuts [must use all of the threads on the lug nut]. All wheels must have and use all of the lugs and nuts as designed, all lug nuts must be the large 1'' racing type. If wheel was designed for 5 lug nuts, it will have all 5 on it. At no time is a car to go on the track with a broken or missing lug nut or bolt.
10. Bumpers: front & rear must resemble stock contour.- (no cone. Pointed, sharp edged or batman bumpers). Can be made of round or square tubing, no wider than center line of tires, a tow hook capable of supporting weight of car at top on front radiator &/or front bumper & rear bumper is mandatory.
11. Brakes: 4 wheel brakes in good working order all the time, only one master cylinder with single or dual reservoir. All 4 wheels must lock up when checked on the track or in the pits. No bias valve allowed of any type other than stock proportional valve.
12.engine & drive-train: 4 cylinder stock engine no mixing of engine components other than oil pan, oil pump, valve cover. Eng must be factory marked as to its model cams & all internal components must be stock size & configuration the way it came no blue printing excludes oil pump & piston diameter for clean up. Maximum 2400cc before clean up with .020 (26cc) clean up for 2400cc engines & .040 (49cc) clean up for all other engines. Fords may use any cam so long as it passes the vacuum test they also may use solid type lifters ford & toyota may use slotted adjustable cam gears. 1 working spark plug 2 valves per cylinder engine. Had to have been available as original equipment in the make of vehicle being used (ford for ford, toyota for toyota) piston engines only. No turbo or high performance engines or engine parts.
Dual overhead cam engines will be allowed in front wheel drives only no dual overhead cams engines in rear wheel drives. No port matching, no porting or polishing of head or manifold permitted port casting roughness must be able to be felt or seen or it will be considered illegal. Engine must be in stock location centered l to r between struts or a frames or as it came factory. Factory exhaust manifolds only, headers are not permitted excluding oem ford factory stock the ford header with part number is allowed. Factory fuel injection permitted. Carburetors only box stock holley 350cfm or smaller stock carburetor permitted. No motor craft carburetors permitted. No alterations to carburetors or fuel injections with the exception of removing choke plate & shaft &changing jets no interchanging of jets (ie) no holley jets in asian carb. Only battery type ignition, no msd boxes or the like of. Accel & msd coils are allowed. Radiator must be in stock location. Starter must be in working order at all times. No aluminum or lightened flywheels regardless of stock no flywheels less than 13 lbs. Stock clutch only. No multi disk racing clutches bellhousing must have a 2 1/2 x 2 1/5 inch inspection hole with cover so as to inspect with out removing anything but the cover. Stock manual or automatic transmission. Automatics must have a working torque converter maybe locked. No offsetting.
Drive shaft must be painted white for safety purposes and have a 360 degree 1/8" thick x 1" wide loop around the front third. Electric fuel pump will be allowed. They must be wired tool pressure switch and the master kill switch. Rear axle and housing must be same make as car. Transponders are to be located on rear axle housing
13. Exhaust: exhaust system must be safe and meet approval. Working mufflers are mandatory all mufflers must have tag welded to it with car # on it must pass the 35 rp noise test strictly enforced. Exhaust pipes or mufflers passing through the drivers compartment must be completely covered. Exhaust pipes must exit through the bottom of the car and use a turn down to the ground, not the right side of car . See mandatory mufflers page 10.
14. General safety: must have a working fully charged 2 pound fire extinguisher securelymounted [flame-out fire extinguishing systems are highly recommended] master on/off switch must be clearly marked with red paint and located within reach of the outside of the car both of these must be reached by the driver from the seat fully harnessed into car, driver door window must have window net with quick release, all hardware must be mounted to roll cage not the body, [recommended to have quick release at the top], . Bumpers & rub rails must be capped no sharp protruding edges.
15. Weight: min weight with driver nissan cars 2400#, ford and toyota cars 2300#, chevy cars 2200#. 16. Motor tech:. 1 or more cars of each feature will have some or all of these rules checked after feature at 750 rpm. Vacuum test must pull minimum 15" (steady needle). Idle at 750 or lower rpm. Or pull 15" steady vacuum. Compression test must not have more than 200 psi avg max 800 psi for 4 cylinders. At random upon protest engine maybe removed for complete tear down.
16. Motor tech:. 1 or more cars of each feature will have some or all of these rules checked after feature at 750 rpm. Vacuum test must pull minimum 15" (steady needle). Idle at 750 or lower rpm. Or pull 15" steady vacuum. Compression test must not have more than 200 psi avg max 800 psi for 4 cylinders. At random upon protest engine maybe removed for complete tear down.
16a. If your car will not pass post race tech the 1st time or you refuse a tear down you will loose points and money for that entire date if you fail or refuse the 2nd time during the season this pertains to heats & features you will lose all points for the year. And fined $500.00 a 2nd refusal to tear down is also a mandatory suspension of the car from competition for the year. All cars are subject to tech inspection at any time it is the owners &/or drivers responsibility to dismantle any part of their car for inspection & to have a book on their particular engine and prove it to beconforming.
16b. Engine tech:.after the feature 1 or more cars of each feature will have some or all of these rules checked after feature at 750 rpm. Vacuum test must pull minimum 15" (steady needle). Idle at 900 or lower rpm. Or pull 15" steady vacuum. Compression test must not have more than 200 psi avg max 800 psi for 4 cylinders. At random upon protest of anyone in top 5 of the feature 1 or more cars of the feature will have the ccs checked (engine size) including the protester. Head maybe removed to verify.
In order to establish a compact class from time to time when car due to car count the crazy compacts may be allowed to compete in the 4 cylinder pure stock class
16c engine protest :for $150.00 you may protest an enginge as to size and / or non conforming parts and have the head removed for verification of the engine size both the protester & the protested car engine will have head removed you must be in the top five of feature finish to protest that night, the protested car will get the $150.00 if engine is found to be legal. The protester will get the $150.00 if the protested engine is not legal & the protester is legal. Other wise the $150.00 will go to the point fund tear downs will occur only after the last feature of the night you must notify in writing and with cash the tech inspector within 10 minutes of feature finish before pay off occurs.
16d tech waived by officials: in the event that the car / s that are subject to post race tech cannot run, crank, weigh, pass a measure ment ect due to a known on track incedent wreak, crash, ect, tech maybe waived for that night but only if car / s has previously passed either preseason or during racing season tech .
17. ENGINE CLAIMING: Any driver finishing on the lead lap may initiate the engine claim procedure by presenting cash $600.00) to Officials within 10 minutes of feature finish will who will promptly notify the driver of the car that the engine is being claimed. the driver will not start, drive, or work on the car once an engine claim has been initiated. the car will be pushed to a designated area for engine removal. The driver/owner may accompany the car but will not start, drive, or work on the car until officials are present to over see removal once the car has been moved to the designated area for engine removal, the two parties will be called to the area. The driver/owner of the car that is posting the claim will report to the designated area with their car in running condition. The Owner/Driver of the claimed engine shall have two options as to the engine claim. Option 1 - remove the engine and receive $600.00 or Option 2 - receive $100.00 and the engine of the driver placing the claim. The decision is strictly up to the driver/owner that had the original claim placed on their vehicle. All drivers/owners are expected to conduct themselves in a sportsman like manner at all time during an engine claim, Both driver and one crew member from each car will remove any engines.
The engine claim shall include the basic engine long block, CLAIM DOES NOT INCLUDE CLUTCH, PRESSURE PLATE, CARBURETOR, ADAPTERS, FAN, PULLEYS, WATER PUMP, FUEL PUMP, ALTERNATOR, DISTRIBUTOR, PLUGS, PLUG WIRES, OR ANY SPECIAL FITTINGS starter, intake manifold, exhaust manifold air cleaner, modified oil pans, wiring harness, oil cooler, or any device that has been legally modified.
Any driver or owner who refuses to abide by the claim procedure shall have their engine # registered and the engine shall be banned from competition. The driver/owner will be suspended from competition for a min 1 of one race and loose all points and money for the race date.
NOTE: Track Officials reserve the right to deny an engine claim that is retaliatory in nature
18. Courtesy rule: see courtesy rule page 9 rule 28. 2007
Finally..... Remember, this is a pure stock division intended for
In expensive participation. Abuse of these rules or "creative
Interpretation" to excess will not be tolerated. Track officials, as always, have the final say as to whether or not a car will compete and or pass inspection. Any significant performance advantage will be dealt with on an individual basis 35 raceway park officials reserves the right to determine what constitutes an unfair advantage.
Tthese rules will be enforced to the letter. So if it don't say you can, don’t